Friday, December 1, 2023

Last month of the year...


Another month already over, I know many want to know what's happening, and whether another demo is coming. Well good news is I feel like I made a lot of progress this month, more than I usually get done at least. I've added and polished multiple areas in the game, made some existing parts a little longer. I still have around 4 stages not finished, though 2 are in the early phase of development.  The world map overall has changed pretty dramatically since the last version but people probably won't notice much since the demo only covers a small portion. I say world map, what I mean is the hubs that connect between areas were initially just save points, sometimes you find the ghost merchant there. I made there areas more interconnected with more to find. The actual map screen that you see on the pause menu also looks different and more detailed.


Bad news is all of this work means I haven't been able focus on any other aspects of the game like the enemies, dialogue, abilities, music for a while and will likely be that way for a least a couple more months. So the game is still not very presentable past the early stages unfortunately and even making any gifs/videos doesn't feel right at this time now with how bare it is. So even though I said January might be a possibility for a new demo update, most likely that won't be happening...
Which honestly is hard for me to have to admit, as I feel like I've been working on this game forever, not to mention MR which can't focus on at all right now, and many are eager to see more. However Vivid Dead means everything to me, and I won't rest until it is completed and polished to highest quality I can make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment