Monday, April 17, 2023

Short Vivid Dead Update

 

I've had a bit of rough time the last few weeks getting everything done  that I wanted. While I've been trying to avoid it as much as possible, I  had to go back and rebuild some areas a in order to fit with changes made to the game's flow, and ultimately decided to remove some stages that I was planning so that I could put more effort into other areas of the game that I think still need it. Some parts of the cut areas I merged into  the existing ones however. At this point there's 5 stages left I know I  definitely need to make, and the ones already there now mostly just need more polish and tweaks. There's also some enemies, items, NPC I still  need to make and add to them.  Like I said before, VD won't likely be a very long game but I don't want  to give away the total number of stages just yet. The castle area, as  you can maybe guess is the last one, which very early on, before I changed the art style, was going to be a hub and the player would be  traveling to different worlds Portrait of Ruin style, but I later thought it would be better to have the player work their way to the  castle so you could see it in background in later areas.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment